February 27, 2010

Cape Canaveral, FL.

February 27, 2010
Today I flew from Denver to Orlando, FL. It was a 3 1/2 hour flight and I slept most of the way. I met my sister at the airport. I came in on United and she came in on American so that was two different baggage claim areas, which made things a little interesting. It also took quite some time for us to get our bags but at least our bags did arrive and they weren't lost. We took a shuttle van to a hotel near the port. On the way we saw the Kennedy Space Center in the distance. It is a pretty great sight to see. The last time I saw it was a few years ago when I was working out here at Cape Canaveral National Seashore and then the view of the Kennedy Space Center was from the other side (North). http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/home/index.html
We are catching the hotel shuttle to the port tomorrow at 11:30am. I'll write more if we have an Internet connection on the boat.

No comments: