February 18, 2010
Today we left Crescent City. I walked out of my hotel room to put my bag in the truck, pulled my room door shut and felt slime on my hand. What a way to start the morning! I realized that some joker decided to slime all of the door handles. I went to the front desk to see if they had a housekeeper working yet that could clean off the door handles. Luckily there was a lady there who was able to do it before other people woke up to the surprise. It ended up being the talk of the morning at the front desk.
During the drive from Crescent City, CA to Reno, NV we saw a bald eagle and drove by Mount McLoughlin, which was very pretty and none of us in the truck had ever heard of it before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_McLoughlin
I was also keeping an eye out for "Hendrickson Trucking Company" semis. I usually see several of them in CA since they are based out of Sacramento but didn't see any today until 5:15pm! I finally saw on heading west back to Sacramento. I'm not sure if the owner is related to my family line but it might be possible. One of these days I'll have to check into it. http://www.hendricksontrucking.com/Home.html
We rolled into Reno around 7:30pm. It was a long day in the van and I'm glad to get into the hotel room. It took about 1/2 an hour to check in though...confusion with the reservations.
Also, a bit of a side note. If anyone missed seeing Shaun White in snowboarding yesterday who won an Olympic gold you must check this out. I only found one YouTube link and I'm not sure how long it will be posted but what an amazing run! What you are seeing is his 2nd run. His first run won him the Gold so this run was basically for the fans!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcJgFqpUowg
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7VZ1y2vbMU
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment