

When I woke up I tried to take a panoramic photo of the ocean standing on my balcony. I quickly realized that the photo probably wouldn't look quite right. If you look close you can see where the two photos are stitched together because the waves are a bit different but overall it is a pretty good photo so I decided to post it.
This morning was a wet morning...not good for us. We left the hotel at 10:00am and after no rain all night the roads were still wet! There is a lot of moisture in the air and with heavy tree cover things do not dry very fast. We were able to collect 3 routes...better than nothing but not great. We had some trouble with the right roughness laser that took a couple of hours to troubleshoot. We are still not sure if the laser is going bad or just getting false negatives from another sensor. Since the roads were wet troubleshooting didn't really delay anything but just added a bit of frustration since we have a new truck. The dream of a perfect truck will have to stay just that...a dream :). Overall it really wasn't that bad and I'd take troubleshooting this truck any day over working on the old truck!
On the way back to the hotel I pulled into an amusement area "Trees of Mystery" that has a statue of Paul Bunyan (mythological lumberjack) and babe the blue ox. I'm convinced they took the idea from Bemidji, MN. The stature here in California is OK but my vote is the one in MN is better :) . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bunyan_and_Babe_the_Blue_Ox
We got back to the hotel around 5:30pm and I was able to take a quick walk on the beach and took a couple of photos. I was able to get a pretty good evening/dusk photo of the light house.


1 comment:
Good job pasting the photos.
Post a Comment