


Sunday February 14, 2010Today we drove North about 6 1/2 hours to Redwood National Park. I'm happy to say that the old truck has been retired and headed back to Denver and the new truck is now in Redwood National Park! We drove through wine country but the vines are bare this time of year. I tried to get a quick photo from the truck...it turned out blurry. We stopped at a gas station and I saw a building that said "high school" then on the same building I saw "wine tasting"...ha! I did a double take because I was thinking that wasn't right. I realized it was an old school converted into a wine tasting facility. WOW...I was going to say "you know you are in wine country when they have wine tasting at high school" :)! About 2 hours from the park it started to rain. It rained the rest of the way. It was foggy and wet but it made for some pretty scenery. We stopped by the visitor center quick, we made it with 5 minutes to spare before they closed. I took a few photos there. I could hear the ocean but couldn't see it! We rolled up to the hotel around 5:00pm. The hotel is right on the beach and I took a few photos of the sun set and the view from my room balcony. The rain has finally ended and I hope the roads will dry up tomorrow.

2 comments:
Hi honey!
Dad and I heard about the waves and how high they were. Heard also people got hurt by them crashing into them while watching a surfer competition. You have some really nice photos. Looks like you might have a real nice room also. Are you going to be able to go to Alcatraz before leaving?
MOM
No trip to Alcatraz. Our rain day was on Friday and the tickets were all sold out for the entire weekend. The last boat leaves at 4:20pm and during the week we worked until 5 or 6pm. We couldn't get out there :( .
Post a Comment