


February 7, 2010After working 57 hours this week we decided to took the day off. It was a sunny, nice day. In the morning I decided to go to the Cable Car Museum http://www.cablecarmuseum.org/ . It was 1 mile North from my hotel but looking at the distance on a flat map always looks easier than the actual hike there. San Francisco streets are no where near flat so at least half of the walk there was straight up! It was good exercise. For lunch I took a walk down to the wharf and went to In-N-Out Burger, again there was no place to sit. I ended up walking over by the water and found a spot to sit and eat. I saw these two birds close to where I was so I took their photo :). I then took a walk down to the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park where we have a handful of routes to collect...should be interesting. These "roads" are basically walking paths full of people.
Oh, last night I caught the end of an HBO movie "Temple Grandin". Luckily our hotel has HBO as one of their 17 channels...so much for the typical A&E or Travel Channel. Anyway, it is an amazing story about a lady who lives with autism and had become very successful in life. http://www.templegrandin.com/ From the website "Dr. Grandin presently works as a Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University. She also speaks around the world on both autism and cattle handling. " I think after people see this HBO film more people will want to take one of her classes at CSU!
Here are a couple You Tube clips I found...

2 comments:
OHHHHHHHHH, to be where you are. We have to much snow and it never ends. Lets go to Hawaii now.
MOM
Hey UR Mom sent me the link! Great pictures!! Especially love the cone hats - so creative.
Post a Comment