

February 6, 2010Today our task was to make sure our older truck was working. You never know what to expect with that truck and true to form it ended up being a long day. We fixed several little things and one major thing. The major thing was that one of the GPS antenna's on the top of the truck went bad. I'm pretty sure that is the original antenna so I can understand why it finally gave out but honestly we only need to use that truck for one more week! It is going to put up a fight until the very end! Luckily we had a spare antenna. Mounting the spare antenna on the truck proved to take a bit longer than we had hoped. Whoever came up with English and metric sizes for screws and threading of parts didn't realize what a big headache they were creating. Anyway, after getting things working again we did a distance calibration. After we were done with the old truck we went and got the new truck and did a distance calibration on that truck. After turning on all of the systems in the new truck I realized the rear camera was black...we couldn't see the image. I have no idea why it is acting up. I jumped in the back of the truck to look at the camera and noticed water on the top of the computer rack and water drops on the rear camera....uhhh. Apparently there is a problem with the seal around the back doors and water is getting in the truck, right on a brand new camera! I'm speechless...we aren't supposed to have ANY problems with the new truck! The good thing it is all under warranty but with rain in the forecast a water leak is not a good thing. Luckily we have trash bags in the truck and wrapped the camera in a trash bag, although I'm not sure if the camera is broken or not because we never got it to work so we could actually see an image. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
I took a couple of photos while we were in the parking lot working on the older truck. We were down by the water at a place called Crissy Field. It is a really pretty area and there is no better place to work on a truck!

No comments:
Post a Comment