
February 11, 2010Today was a very, very, very long day. I left my hotel room at 7:00am and got back at 9:30pm. We spent the first hour of the day troubleshooting the new truck. Then spent the rest of the day trying to keep the old truck running...we wasted a lot of good daylight fixing issues with that truck and then hit rain around 5:00 which ended our collection. The list of problems are too numerous to list but one major item is the transmission is going out in the older truck. We had it replaced about 2 years ago so I think it is still under warranty. When the RPMs kept going up and up even when the truck was in park I pretty much opened the door and ran away from the thing. I had no idea what was happening and didn't rule out the possibility of seeing a fire or something come out of the engine area. Luckily it wasn't that bad and Eric (who was driving) turned the truck off so we both could take a deep breath and try to process what just happened.
I did take some photos today but don't have the energy to get them off my camera so I'll try to do that tomorrow and post a couple.
Oh, we did see two coyotes today! That was really neat to see but no luck getting a photo. The truck was actually running at that point so pulling over and stopping was not in the cards.

No comments:
Post a Comment