


February 13, 2010Today we went back up to Point Reyes National Seashore to finish our collection in that park. We got there and the roads were a bit damp but we were still able to collect. As far as the trucks go the older truck was in a bad mood again and caused several problems. Since I was working in the new truck I didn't have to directly deal with the problems. Our collection in the new truck went really smooth...I like that truck more and more. Collection is really simple and once we get a few software updates things will be even better!
It turned out to be a really nice day. The sun came out and the waves were HUGH! It was amazing. I tried to get a couple photos but you can't really capture the size of the waves in a photo.
To add "excitement" to the day some random guy decided to flip us off. I have no idea why. He was walking along the road and decided to show us his middle finger as we drove by. I guess he didn't know we were collecting images...or maybe he did and that is why he did it? The photo may not be totally appropriate for my blog but this blog is about my travels and this is just another thing I get to see while working....this time I got proof. On a better note I did get to meet a lady for a brief minute or so today that ended up giving us a box of chocolate chip cookies. It was nice because it was a long day with no restaurants very close to the park so a snack was nice and appreciated.
This evening I walked down to the wharf to Boudin http://www.boudinbakery.com/ to get some soup for dinner. On the way back there was a homeless person sleeping on the street. A family walks by and the dad said to his daughter who looked about 6 years old..."See that guy, he didn't go to school" an interesting thought for the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment