February 19, 2010Today we drove across the entire state of Nevada and 1/2 of Utah. We ended up in Salt Lake City. We hit a few snow flurries along the way and we had to stop at McDonald's for lunch in Battle Mountain, NV. McDonald's is never my first (or second choice) for a place to eat but it was either McDonald's or gas station food.
Yesterday by our hotel in Reno there was a street sign that said "street calming ahead". I've never seen or heard of such a thing. I had to ask what that meant and I guess it means "speed bumps". I don't know why the sign didn't just say "speed bumps"! I looked up street calming on the Internet thinking I wouldn't find much but I was wrong! I guess it is a pretty big engineering topic...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_calming
The photo is of the view outside of my hotel room.
Oh, I found this on YouTube....Shaun White and his private pipe...amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Zoh2JC_XA&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQTodf1Oc28&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ZxPqDnNvQ&feature=channel

No comments:
Post a Comment